“Chất lượng giáo dục là danh dự, uy tín của nhà trường”
“The quality of education is the honor and prestige of the school”~Kim Hồng Secondary School Motto~
- Name of School: Kim Hồng Secondary School
- Ownership Status: Local Government
- Address: 97-99 Nguyễn Huệ, Phường 1, TP. Cao Lãnh, Đồng Tháp, Vietnam
- School Area: 25.200 m2 (Shared with Cao Lãnh City High School)
- Website: c2kimhong.dongthap.edu.vn
- Telephone Number: +84 673 853 833
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“As a secondary school in Cao Lãnh City, where parents and students have a desire to learn and practice, teachers and students always have the desire to rise.”
“Educate and train students to develop comprehensively, especially promoting independent learning and being active and creative, strengthen practical skills, apply skills to solve practical problems, contribute to the formation and capacity building of students based on innovative teaching methods and create good students in talent training to prepare students who excellent for Nguyễn Quang Diêu High School every year with solid quality.”
Kim Hồng Secondary School from its establishment until now it is about 63 years old. Sixty-three years of birth, growing up is a process of transformation. Before 1975, in Cao Lãnh Province in former Kiến Phong Province (now Đồng Tháp Province), there was only one public high school, namely Kiến Phong Public High School. Academic year 1956-1957, Kiến Phong Public High School was established with two De That (6 th grade) schools located at Cao Lãnh Primary School. The principal is Mr. Phan Văn Tài.
In 1961-1962, relocation was carried out on the school which at that time was the traditional building of the Cao Lãnh City High School. Academic year 1973-1974, Kiến Phong Public High School changed its name to Nguyễn Quang Diêu High School (the name of a patriot in Cao Lãnh ). After April 30, 1975, the school was divided into two schools, the Vĩnh Phú High School (the name of the school was twin with the Long Châu Sa Province during the resistance war) and the April 30 Secondary School.
Academic year 1977-1978, April 30 Secondary School changed to Cao Lãnh Junior High School and Vĩnh Phú High School changed to THPT Vĩnh Phú School. Academic year 1985-1986, Cao Lãnh Junior High School was changed to Kim Hồng Secondary School (Hero of the Vietnamese armed forces, whose real name is Trần Thị Thu comes from Hòa An commune – the city of Cao Lãnh).
At the beginning of the second semester of the 1988-1989, Kim Hồng Secondary School and THPT Vĩnh Phú School re-entered as Cao Lãnh Town High School. At the beginning of the second semester of the 2003-2004 (February 2004), the high school in the town was divided into two schools: Cao Lãnh City High School and Kim Hồng Secondary School. Thus, the formation and development of Kim Hồng Secondary School has gone through many stages with many name changes.
To build a prestigious school on the quality of education, modern and advanced education models that fit the development trends of the country and region.
1. Staff and Teachers
- Building adequate teacher staff in quantity, quality assurance, meeting innovation requirements, fight until 2020: 8 teachers with a Master’s degree.
- The professional competence of managers, teachers and staff is evaluated fairly, more than 95%.
- Male and female teachers under 55 years old are proficient in using computers and applying information technology effectively in teaching.
- Improve the qualifications of political and professional managers and teachers.
- Number of classes: 40 classes.
- Number of students: 1600 students.
Quality of learning:
- Over 90% of good and very good academic performance (of which 50% are at good and 40% are very good).
- There are no weak and bad students.*Pass public high school: from 95% or more.
- Contest for excellent students in 9 provincial subjects: there are 25 or more prizes every year, striving to have 2 students get national prize annually.
Quality of moral education and life skills:
- Ethical quality: 100% good and very good.
- Students are equipped with basic life skills, actively participate in social activities, and community activities.
- Building a new school: there are 40 classrooms, functional rooms, and subject rooms in the direction of modernization.
- Complete website of the school.
- Building a pedagogical environment “Safety, order and security”; “Green, clear, beautiful”.
Basic Value System of the School
- Democracy, discipline, love, responsibility.
- Desire to rise.
About the team:
Teachers and school staff:
- 100 people including: payroll 97 people, contract 3 people.
- Professional qualifications 100% standard and above, including 4 Masters.
Teachers and staff:
- Enthusiastic, responsible, job-loving, attached to the school and want the school to develop.
- Most pedagogical and professional competencies meet the requirements of educational renovation. *Many people have good qualifications and some experience.
- Have good moral qualities.
- Have capacity, experience and enthusiasm in the work.
- Be able to plan, build and organize the implementation of solutions suitable to the school’s practice.
- Actively update the information serving business requirements.
- Achieving Excellent Labor Collective (2011, 2012).
- Advanced Labor collective (2013, 2014).
- Emulation Flag of the Provincial People’s Committee (2015).
- Six teachers won certificates of merit from the Prime Minister.
About the students:
In the last 5 years (2010-2015):
- Total number of students per year over 1800.
- The number of annual classes is over 40.
- The quality of the school’s training is stable on both mass and spearhead education. Union – Team work and movement are continuously ranked as excellent.
- Educational Results in two aspects:
- Exam Results for excellent students:
- Proportion of high school graduates every year: more than 98%.
- Proportion of high school entrance exams each year: more than 95%.
- Principal : Lê Bá Khanh
- Phone : 0915724726
- Email : email@example.com
- Vice-President : Trần Thạnh Hưng
- Phone : 0975517150
- Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President : Trần Văn Phu
- Phone : 01689207226
- Email : email@example.com
- Union-President : Nguyễn Thị Vân Tuyền
- Phone : 01685040609
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Union Vice-President : Nguyễn Phước Ngưn
- Phone : 0939920127
- Email : email@example.com
- Secretary : Nguyễn Thái Bình
- Phone : 01678803604
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team-Leader : Trần Trung Toàn
- Phone : 0919512200
- Email : email@example.com
- Secretary : Nguyễn Chí Nghĩa
- Phone : 0935357111
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical : Lê Thị Tuyền Duy
- Phone : 01693392282
- Email : email@example.com
- Accountant : Võ Thị Hương
- Phone : 0938090468
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security : Huỳnh Kim Linh
- Phone : 01269917879
- Email :
Academic Support System
Learning facilities in Kim Hồng Secondary School are very adequate. Basically the existing facilities meet the teaching and learning requirements, which supports the teachers to execute their lessons and helped the students to develop their academic, skills, talents, and self-esteem.
- Kim Hồng Secondary School has several facilities, such as: classrooms, laboratories, libraries, offices of supervisors, team rooms, teacher rooms, office room, representative offices, electronic learning rooms, canteen, toilets, and parking areas.
Kim Hồng Secondary School has 23 classrooms. Each classroom is equipped with fans, board, additional board, loudspeakers, projectors, and several other rooms using LCD TV’s.
Kim Hồng Secondary School prepares a library with pretty good facilities. There are many books here. Besides textbooks, students can also read comics, novels, story books, etc. Although the library at this school looks very simple, but it is comfortable enough to be a place to read and search for books. This library is shared with Cao Lãnh City High School.
Kim Hồng Secondary School has four laboratories that are used together with Cao Lãnh City High School. The laboratory consists of chemistry laboratories, biology laboratories, physics laboratories, and computer laboratories. Equipment in this laboratory is quite complete so that it can facilitate students and teachers in carrying out practical work.
Kim Hồng Secondary School has three canteens (two big canteens and one small canteens). The canteen at this school provides cheap foods and drinks.
- Kim Hồng Secondary School has fields for students to play soccer, volleyball and basketball. Besides that the field is also used to carry out ceremonies every Monday.
- Kim Hồng Secondary School also has several extra-curricular activities: Literacy, student council, sports, etc.
Teachers of Kim Hồng Secondary School are given time to teach for one hour per period (1 x 45 minutes). Teachers and students use Vietnamese in the learning process. Teachers can use whatever method is suitable when teaching. Most of teachers uses Teacher Based Learning (TBL). But this learning still prioritizes student participation in class, so that the material can be well absorbed by students.
The school is held for six days a week (Monday to Saturday), starting at 7.00 a.m and ending at 05.00 p.m. Every Monday a flag ceremony is held in the morning at 07.00 a.m and in the afternoon at 04.30 p.m. Teaching and learning activities in this school are divided into 2 sessions.
(Grade 7 and grade 9)
- First period class (08.00 a.m-08.45 a.m).
- Second period class (08.50 a.m-09.35 a.m).
- Take a rest (09.35 a.m-10.00 a.m).
- Third period class (10.00 a.m-10.45 a.m).
- Fourth period class (10.50 a.m-11.35 a.m)
(Grade 6 and grade 8)
- First period class (00.40 p.m-01.25 p.m).
- Second period class (01.30 p.m-02.15 p.m).
- Take a rest (02.15 p.m-02.40 p.m).
- Third period class (02.40 p.m-03.25 p.m).
- Fourth period class (03.30 p.m-04.15 p.m)
Materials and Other Learning
For the materials, the teachers in Kim Hồng Secondary School can use textbooks, internet, hand out, power point presentation, or any learning resources. Most of textbooks use Vietnamese. My cooperating teacher (Ms. Nguyễn Thị Yến Ngọc) usually describes the materials using power points and show it in LCD TV’s, write notes of important points from the material to the board and explains the example questions by chalk on the board. While the lesson, students are given time to take notes so they can review the materials after the lesson. At the end of the lesson, the teachers always gives homework as an additional exercise.
Teachers can show the materials using LCD TV’s
All rooms use blackboards
Teachers and students can use the books from Library
Teachers and students use the textbooks from government.
Measurement and Evaluation
In the learning process the teacher always gives an assessment. Students are assessed based on group assessments, individual assessments, attitude assessments and assessments each semester. Assessments given include awarding points to students for each participation.
At Kim Hồng Secondary School, each class is divided into six groups for all subjects. The division of groups is based on the order of student desks. My cooperating teacher (Ms. Nguyễn Thị Yến Ngọc) always gives exercises and quizzes through power point presentation, then students in each group will answer the exercise or quiz using extra boards. For each correct answer they will get one point for the group and points during the learning process are written on the board.
For individual assessments, teachers give points to students who are active in the learning process. In addition, teachers always give homework to students as part of individual assessments. Next assessments is attitude assessments. This attitude assessment is carried out by the homeroom teacher. This assessment is carried out once for each week. In the semester assessment, the students will have a test.
Group assessment in learning process
Class meeting (attitude assessment) in class 9A5 by Ms. Nguyen Thi Phuong Linh
In general, lower secondary school or junior high school includes sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth grade. Until its abolition in 2006, students had to pass the Intermediate Graduation Examination (IGE) presented by the local Department of Education and Training to graduate.
The Lower Secondary Education’s weekly schedule includes the following subjects and activities: Vietnamese Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, History, Geography, Civics, Foreign Language (most often English or French), Physical Education, Technology, Art, Music, Optional Subjects, Class Activities and School Activities, Vocational-oriented activities (3 periods per month in Grade 8 or in some cases, the summer between 7th and 8th Grade) and Extra-curricular activities (4 periods per month in all grades).
In the end of year 8, students will participate in secondary vocational exam to earn extra-mark for the 10th grade examination. The Technology subject aims to show the link between theory and practice. It includes three parts: home economics (in Grade 6), agriculture-forestry and aquaculture (in Grade 7), Industry (in Grade 8) and optional modules (in Grade 9).
Teaching Plan (of my major)
Teachers at Kim Hồng Secondary School make teaching plan based on textbooks made by the government. However, the Teaching plan can be adjusted to the teacher’s needs. All of the elements of the teaching plan from my cooperating teacher are presented in this following picture: